Saturday, June 4, 2016

'VICIOUS' SITCOM FAREWELL EPISODE TRAILER WITH IAN MCKELLEN, DEREK JACOBI! 'THE SILENT STORM' PERIOD SET MOVIE TRAILER WITH DAMIAN LEWIS, ANDREA RISEBOROUGH

'THE SILENT STORM
TRAILER WITH DAMIAN LEWIS
We're going British today, my spylings, starting with the photos, poster and a trailer, coming from new Damian Lewis movie THE SILENT STORM a new film about the tempestuous marriage between an authoritarian minister and his gentle wife who is more in tune with nature than she is with her husband or the villagers. It’s clear she doesn’t belong there and is treated as a total outsider. Damian Lewis plays overwrought clergyman Balor McNeil, while Andrea Riseborough is his enigmatic, nature loving wife Aislin, who finds herself drawn to a fellow outcast – a delinquent, Fionn (Ross Anderson) who comes to live with them. Their island home soon beguiles the newcomer! The movie is currently playing in British and Irish cinemas!


'VICIOUS' FAREWELL EPISODE
TRAILER WITH IAN MCKELLEN AND DEREK JACOBI!
Now, here's something we did not even know it's happening, since we thought the end of the second and final season of VICIOUS was all we would see of it - the final farewell episode of the hilarious British sitcom in which Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi play an old bitter gay couple. To air on PBS June 19th and later on in UK too the one hour final episode will chart a year in the life of Freddie and Stuart as they enjoy their inheritance and a birthday.

14 comments:

  1. My mate loved this (Vicious) but I didn't see much humour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored it myself, but just the first season, the second one kinda lost it going only for swearings and such nonsense.... I did love them at Eurosong, though, they were hilariously vicious

      Delete
  2. Yay for going British. The Silent Storm has an interesting storyline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we don't know what we'd do most of the time without British TV!

      Delete
  3. Vicious, was so disappointing. Two great actors. One terrible script. Shan't be watching it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first run had its moments, focusing on their bickering and marvellous acting and beautiful supporting characters, but the second run was just travesty, there was no humour in it, just old actors saying effity eff every two minutes, that was nasty.... Ian and Derek were still outstanding, though.... and Fleur too!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear there won't be a third season of Vicious. I loved it! But I'll watch the finale -- thanks for the heads up about the air date.

    "The Silent Storm" looks good too. Damien Lewis is an amazing actor. Quite apart from the character's controlling and domineering nature about his wife, I suspect he's a closet case who hankers after the delinquent himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I announced it was cancelled a year ago or so, but I totally forgot they were doing this episode :) I wonder if Stuart will get pregnant :)

      Now, wouldn't it be fun if the priest shags the delinquent? Oh, my, sweet dreams tonight :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. oh, puhlease, Adam, I wrote about it only like a gazillion times....

      Delete
  6. I have never seen Vicious- but I do like shows to have a farewell episode so that things get wrapped up. That doesn't always happen!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we're glad it is happening with Gilmores this year!

      Delete
  7. That's nice that Viscous is getting a farewell. I really hate it when shows end without a proper sendoff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, like TRUTH BE TOLD and UNDATEABLE, both beloved by me, last season :((( I've never in my life seen better casts than in those two sitcoms....

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.