Sunday, July 21, 2013

HOLLYWOOD SPY SPOTLIGHT ON "THE WALKING DEAD" SHOW: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SEASON FOUR! NEW PHOTOS AND SUPER EXCITING NEW TRAILER!

  THE WALKIND DEAD
 SEASON FOUR INFO
So tell me, my zombie fans, how ready are you for the beginning of the fourth run of the mega popular show THE WALKING DEAD? The new season starts in October, but we already have first promo pictures, a trailer and tidbits on what will be happening with the survivors of the zombie apocalypse from Autumn! This weekend at Comic Con the first, extremely long, exciting trailer for the new season has been revealed too! Our heroes will not know whether to fight, defend or run faced with new zombie attacks. The show will again have sixteen episodes separated into two halves - the other one starting in February after a winter break. Let us check out some of the info that we've got so far on the Autumn run of the popular show.

  ZOMBIE TIDBITS
The events in the first episode, to air on October 13th at AMC titled "30 Days Without an Accident", are supposed to start some nine months after the last season finale in whichRick (Andrew Lincoln ) managed to chase the Governor (David Morrisey) away from prison and Woodbury.

  CROWDED PRISON 
Since they brought a large number of people from Woodbury with them, the prison will be much more crowded with survivors, but as you've seen in the season finale, those are mostly older people, women and little kids. Rick will have to find new help in Tyreese (Chad L. Coleman) and his people. Some of the old characters will have to toughen up, like Carol (Melissa McBride), who will obviously replace Andrea in being the brave lady in the group. She will even be teaching a knife class!
EVOLVING ZOMBIES
With the new showrunner Scott M.Gimple, the events in the story will escalate, and as you can see in the trailer the prison will no longer seem as a safe place especially under the attack of new, much more unstoppable, swarms of zombies! The new season will see the undead undergoing a certain evolution and changes and becoming much more dangerous. To protect themselves from the walkers, the prison will have lots of security tricks and traps put around the premises and we shall also see a new, much stronger, gate at the entrance. This won't help them much since they will be faced with the attacks from the inside!

KARL AND DARYL  
Rick will have other worries too. Since we've seen little Carl (Chandler Riggs) turning into a dangerous sociopath Rick will have to straighten up his parental duties.  And he will have other people issues, since with the prison having a whole new community, there will be frictions between the characters. There will even be fights between Rick and good old Daryl (Norman Reedus)! Without his brute of a brother who became a delightful zombie, Daryl will continue with discovering his own self-worth and with taking responsibilities within the group.
MICHONNE ON A HORSE
Maggie (Lauren Cohan) and Glenn (Steven Yeun) will continue with their romance giving a glimpse of warmth in the harsh zombie world. They will be faced with new doubts too in the new season. Meanwhile, Michonne (Danai Gurira) will find an uber cool new ride - she will be slaying zombies on top of a horse! One of the new characters will be Bob Stookey (Lawrence Gilliard) a former army medic who will be discovered by Daryl! Meanwhile The Governer will only appear in the story again when we least expect him! Michonne will be on the mission to hunt him down!It has also been announced that David Goyer, MAN OF STEEL writer and DA VINCI'S DEMONS creator, will direct one of the episodes!

31 comments:

  1. can you believe I haven't seen an episode?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, but you must, it's the best written show ever. Deeply psychological and scientific in exploring human psyche and moral values.

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely looking forward to the new season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, Sherry, it's been such a great show

      Delete
  3. I haven't kept up with this show. I watched the first season and it was just too gruesome for me. I have a low threshold when it comes to the gory stuff. But I like the idea of the woman on horseback charging through the swarms of zombies. That's how'd I'd do it. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, obviously, the zombies were gnawing on my brain when I typed that last sentence. :P

      Delete
    2. the fact is that the show doesn't really have tones of gore in it (which is why I love it and some people don't ). It is graphic when it happens, sadly. But the show has such amazing psychological aspect. I don't think there is any other show which raises moral and ethical and even human questions in such a deep way like THE WALKING DEAD. It always inspires thinking and pondering on important questions and issues and also helps you develop opinions on certain issues you haven't pondered before. A rarely intelligent show. That is the only reason why I forgave them occasional gore.

      Delete
    3. I agree with you Dez. They raise some tough questions on that show and half the time there is no 'right' answer.

      Delete
    4. yep, I don't think that any other show has ever evoked inner debates in me like this one.

      Delete
  4. Oh! My! Gosh! That! Rocked! I can't wait for it to come back on. It cannot get here fast enough. What a great preview!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. be welcome, Elsie, October can't come fast enough!

      Delete
  5. I have the same problem as LG. I can't watch a steady diet of gore and killing. A zombie movie, yes, but every week. But after what you've said, maybe I should give it a shot. They have several seasons on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the point, it isn't steady. When there is gore it really is extreme, but it happens maybe once within the episode and sometimes even less occasionally.
      They bring up some issues that have never even fell upon my mind before the show. It really helps my brain develop and establish my opinions and even values on certain deep issues. The good thing is that, unlike GAME OF THRONES for example, this one actually celebrates goodness and humanity no matter how strange it is to expect that from a zombie show.
      Whom would you save, would you sacrifice yourself, what is more important - personal or public, to defend or to die - those are just some of the simplest questions they've dealt with in the show.

      Delete
  6. More Zombie action on its way - great! Seems like they may have resolved some of the issues with the zombies themselves too. The gore doesn't faze me but it is tedious if its over-done. That was the problem I had with Spartacus - it had to go through several dozen blood bags in every second scene - just too damn much. Over-use actually ruins the effect. Same with the relentless zombie slaying gore. That said, the interesting story lines break it up nicely, as long as they stop killing off interesting characters. One or two OK but not too many. Zombie slaying on horseback. Excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I like about the show - they kill off mostly those characters which the audience hates because of the evil they carry. Shane, Andrea, Lori - in a way they all needed to be get rid off! They don't kill good people like GAME OF THRONES for example (there were few exceptions, sadly).

      Delete
  7. sadly i have stopped watching it... yes i know time for a town's lashing and punishment. my wife and mother didn't care for all the yucky stuff, we don't have the channel to get this... though i will cover it, cause i want to see it. so when i go to see it at my mother's home i end up doing yard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can always Torrent it, Jeremy, after all it is the number two most torrented show ever :)
      Does mother at least bake you some cakes for all the yard work? :P

      Delete
    2. yes... and no i get nothing except a thank you, which is fine... me loves my mommy.

      Delete
    3. yes, but we like our tummy too....

      Delete
  8. I just....I can't wait. I can't decide if it was good or bad that I saw that trailer, because now I'm dying! I know itwill be worth the wait!

    And my brain might explode when that winter break comes. I sure would love to see a Walking Dead Christmas special. How great world that be.... Maybe season five!!

    And well done Dez. You made my day with this past!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the fact that they're promising us a character driven season, which means it will be more like the second one, which was calm and psychological and not violent like the third one. I really didn't enjoy The Governor...

      Delete
    2. I wonder if we shall ever see winter in THE WALKING DEAD? It's always summer there...

      Delete
  9. Thirty years ago I would have loved this, but now I'm to old as you know DEZ (thanks for the wishes!)!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're as old as your spirit is, Peter :)

      Delete
  10. You can tell I've been sick if I missed this awesome spotlight!! I LOVE the pics and I cannot wait until the new season begins. I'm so caught up with everyone, I worry like they are my own family LOL. This is awesome, my dear Dezz. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you seen the pic I've posted over at Facebook? The prison will have little piggies too this Autumn :) How cute is that :)

      Delete
    2. I have to check out FB, sweetie. I am a mess!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.