Friday, September 10, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: FIRST PICTURES FROM "CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER" SHOWING THE COSTUME AND SOME SUPER COOL VEHICLES

After seeing the overly skinny, overly gloomy and overly trashy January Jones yesterday in her first edition as The White Queen in "X-Men: First Class" are you ready for some more really bad super hero costumes? Well, yesterday, "The Daily Mail" has published some secret snapshots of Captain America's costume from the "Captain America: The First Avenger" film which is currently being shot in UK. The first picture shows a stunt double for the main actor Chris Evans riding an army motorcycle through the English countryside and sporting something that looks like a very bad denim suit. Well, at least the shade of brown on his boots and belts is rather nice. Let us hope that Chris Evans will look much better in this suit when he appears in it over at the big screen.
Other two pictures are much more interesting showing some really cool futuristic bikes in silver colour, and a very charming 40's style car.
Starring Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Tommy Lee Jones, Sebastian Stan, Dominic Cooper ... "Captain America" will come to cinemas in July 2011 telling the story of a young man who enlists in the US army to fight Nazis in WW2 but gets turned into a superbeing in a secret army experiment and thus becomes Captain America. Armed with his indestructible shield and battle savvy, Captain America starts his war against evil as a sentinel of liberty.

20 comments:

  1. I saw the comic-con footage of the movie and I was surprised at how much better it looked compared to those photos. But I'm pretty sure with a little bit of movie magic and it'll be fine. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vehicles look cool, though. I like the detailing on the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fingers crossed is the only thing we now have, Jaccsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alex
    yep, the details drew my attention as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool bikes and cars. Can't wait to see the movie.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh love his bike. I wonder if he's going to use that shotty? Cap'n isn't too much of a gun hero

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call me crazy, but I kind of like that first picture. One of my beefs with the superhero movies have been the very comic-y look of the costumes. I know they're comic book heroes, but some things shouldn't translate so literally to film, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crazy looking car. I'm kind of with Summer on this. Sometimes those costumes get a little too slick. These guys go thru a lot of abuse so it seems like their costumes should show it sometimes. I guess that's why a lot of the superheroes are wealthy in their regalar lives--so they can keep a continual supply of fancy new costumes in the closet.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. not sure how I feel about the costume.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure I like those bikes, but that car looks very stylish. Classy.

    I agree about the costume though. Hopefully it's only for stunts and such.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm leery towards that pic of Capt. Amer. He looks plastic to me. But maybe I'm going crazy (probably am).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why is Captain America being shot in the UK?
    Either way, those motorcycles look cool. Can't say I've ever read a Captain America comic book, though. I have no idea what he's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, the Cap costume blows. Of course maybe I'm to much of a purist having been a fan of the comic. And what's with the guns? Why not add a machine gun, bazooka and flame thrower while they are taking literary license! Can we expect guns for the Hulk too? And Thor? LOL! The bikes and the car are cool, though. I'm looking forward to watching this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lynda, Clarissa and Falen
    glad you like it ladies ;)

    @Summer
    at least someone likes the costume :)

    @Arlee
    and some of them even have butlers to clean the suits for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Budd
    me neither

    @Matt
    I hope for the same as well

    @Bryan
    yes, you probably are :PPP

    @Andrew
    because he is the hero of WW2 and fights against Nazis in Europe ^_^

    @Tom
    oh, I like me some flame throwers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm, this could go either way. I like the vintage style (I'm guessing/hoping that this is one of the early 'pre-resurrection' scenes). Still, I'll be keeping an eye on it with great interest :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. No, this is the scene in the super-hero costume, you have more pics around the net, they were published yesterday, so you can see the costume from many different angles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think people should not be too quick to judge. The stunt double looks a bit ridiculous and the costume seem to be some wrinkled pyjamas but again, he is just the stunt double, not Chris Evans.

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes, we shall have to wait and see the final product, although if you ask me, Chris Evans would look amazing just wearing an old potato sack :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.