Saturday, January 23, 2010

FOX READY FOR ANOTHER "PLANET OF THE APES" REBOOT

Since remakes are so popular these days in Hollywood, why not do a reboot of a movie that had its last remake just few years ago? :) According to "Movie Web" Fox is planning to give a new life to the "Planet of the Apes" franchise. Apparently, Scott Frank, who was set to write and direct the film, had left the project when the studio wanted the film to go in another direction and now Fox has hired Jamie Moss to rewrite Frank's script while Peter Chernin will produce the film. The reboot will get its director very soon as well.
Well, I'm not against this, although I didn't like the last version which, thanks to Tim Burton, didn't have any essence, depth and direction, I do like those big sf epics which could look good with today's new CGI technology.

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Can you really beat the classic Charlton Heston movies though?? I didn't love the newest POTA, but the twist at the end was pretty cool.

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you see my plan is to one day do a reboot of a remake based on a play which was a re-interpretation of a novel that was inspired by a movie.

    Maybe I should call Fox with my idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being a silly hearted teenager and watched the movie for Mark Wahlberg and I liked it. I rewatched it not so long ago and I thought what did I ever see in this movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, there seem to be so many lovely animals, why don't do PLANET OF LEMURS, OPOSSUMS, ARMADILLOS, LAMAS ..... why apes again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I for one didn't hate the Burton remake, and wished they followed up with the sequel since they ended it as if they were.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked burtons movie. the fx and makeup were great, and a sequel that continues the story right where the last one ends would have ruled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the masks were amazing, and I especially liked the masked performance of Helena Bonham Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Univarn's comments. And I would totally watch Planet of the Llamas! (JK, of course)

    So is it a remake or a reboot? I'm confused. Same cast new director? Different script? What IS a reboot, anyway?

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chels, now you see why Unie has received a WITTY CHARMER award from me :))))

    Reboots and remakes are synonims, two words with the same meaning :)) Although reboot is more when you take something that already exists (like a movie franchise) and just fix and upgrade it a bit putting in some fresh new ideas, a new life, while remakes bring a totally new vision of an old project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe Charlie Kaufman could do a weird, existential re-boot where an ape director is making a movie called Planet of the Humans.

    Mmmm. No, let's just go with the llamas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, let's just go with the lamas, or if they are busy we might try with armadillos ;)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.