Saturday, October 10, 2009

DEAR LORD, ROLAND EMMERICH IS DOING SHAKESPEARE!


While promoting yet another of his apocalyptic blockbusters, "2012", director Roland Emmerich has shed some light on his upcoming projects. Beside doing an adaptation of Issac Asimov's book "Foundation" he'll also do a new project called "Anonymous", and according to "Movieweb" it will be his next picture. Believe it or not it's about William Shakespeare, and here's what he says about it:
"It's been eight years I've been trying to do this project. It was always supposed to be my next movie but this time I'm really doing it because I'm already set to shoot on March 22nd and I'm the casting process right now which for me is the most kind of nerve-racking because you have to make decisions. And I start shooting in four or five days the first plates in England. It's about how it came to be that William Shakespeare was not the author of his plays. It's not Christopher Marlowe, it's Edward de Vere, the 17th Earl of Oxford. It's kind of like a political thriller. It's about who will succeed Elizabeth and the cause of that thriller, the Essex Rebellion, and we learn how the plays were written by somebody else.

10 comments:

  1. Ma pusti Šekspira, samo da mi ne upropasti Zadužbinu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't sound like stuff Emmerich usually does.

    We shall have to wait and see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Perine, pa nisam ti ja dzabe profan engleskog jezika i knjizevnosti :PPP

    Yep, it will be a very nerve wrecking and tensed waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It won't be so tense waiting for this film if we keep our hopes at minimum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I forgot to say that Emmerich has just announced today that he's planning INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 :) Apparently the studio is interested, and now they're just waiting for Will Smith and for the script.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not surprised they want to make Independence Day 2. Will Smith is probably the last truly marketable movie-star in USA. He hasn't made a box office flop in last several years/movies. On the contrary...

    ReplyDelete
  7. which never seizes to amaze me :) I've never liked him much, but I guess he's the Eddie Murphy of our age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kinda like him, but I'm also amazed at his success.

    I'm even more amazed that he's the only such (profitable) star left. I never would've expected that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll he started with blockbusters later than others in his generation, and always sticks to more or less same genre of movies, and always plays a hero, an American hero, which has been a favourite American category for many centuries now.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.